Brennan ‘delighted’ for Sanchez Watt after he nets winner against Dulwich Hamlet
- Credit: Archant
Wealdstone boss Dean Brennan said he was “delighted” for Sanchez Watt after the former Arsenal man scored the winner in the 2-1 victory against Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday.
Jeffrey Monakana gave away side Dulwich the lead in the first half but the Stones hit back in the second through Michee Efete and Sanchez Watt to hand them victory.
And Brennan praised Watt after the game, telling the club: 'I'm delighted for Sanchez. He's had a real in and out season and that's more like the Sanchez I know.
'Collectively as a team and a football club we showed so much character and so much spirit.
'To be fair to Dulwich they did a good job on us defensively. They got a lot of bodies behind the ball and defended deep.
You may also want to watch:
'We lost Connor Stevens in the warm-up and our tactics totally changed because Michael Phillips was going to screen (Danny) Mills the whole game. That was the plan to stop that really because he's a big threat for them.
'We had a lot of hurdles to jump today and a lot of frustrations to be honest with you but that's what the squad is there for.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 10 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
'I'm just really proud of everybody.'