Craddock is cream of the crop at Gladstone parkrun
David Craddock continued his impressive run of form as he led the field around Gladstone parkrun’s 5km circuit on Saturday.
Runners are ranked according to age and gender using parkrun’s unique grading system – and it was Craddock who achieved the highest grading, crossing the line for a personal best of 17 minutes 35 seconds.
Rob King took second place in 20:52, with Ion Holban third in 21:11, but the next best grading went to fourth-placed Kemuel Solomon, who clocked 21:09.
He was followed by Sudbury Court pair Abdul Basit (22:55) and Martin Garrett (23:05), while Monika Gondekova (23:37) came home in seventh place overall – her third success in the women’s division.
Isabel Gonzalez (29:04) marked her parkrun debut by finishing as the second fastest woman, with Susan Kennedy (30:46) rounding off the top three.
You may also want to watch:
Event director Glen Turner said: “Having the Olympic Games in our own backyard has coincided with a steady increase in the number of participants since we started this event six weeks ago.
Gladstone parkrun is held each Saturday at 9am all year round and is open to runners of all abilities. Registration is free at www.parkrun.org.uk and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire