Corcoran to fight for British title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Brent
Wembley welterweight Gary Corcoran will fight Peckham rival Johnny Garton for the vacant British title at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday.
The fight will be Corcoran’s second since losing his bout against then WBO world champion Jeff Horn in Brisbane last December.
The 27-year-old’s comeback fight in June saw him stop Victor Ray Ankrah in the fifth round of their bout at the SSE Arena in Belfast.
Against Garton, Corcoran will be coming up against a foe who has only been beaten once in 24 professional fights.
You may also want to watch:
The fight for the British welterweight on Saturday takes place on a Frank Warren show that will be screened live on BT Sport.
*Former IQ Neasden amateur Robbie Chapman earned a second straight win in the pro ranks with a points victory over Callum Ide on Saturday.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Middleweight Chapman, who is known as the ‘Camden Caretaker’, is next due for action in December when he will want another win.