Corcoran to fight for British title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Brent
Wembley welterweight Gary Corcoran will fight Peckham rival Johnny Garton for the vacant British title at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday.
The fight will be Corcoran’s second since losing his bout against then WBO world champion Jeff Horn in Brisbane last December.
The 27-year-old’s comeback fight in June saw him stop Victor Ray Ankrah in the fifth round of their bout at the SSE Arena in Belfast.
Against Garton, Corcoran will be coming up against a foe who has only been beaten once in 24 professional fights.
You may also want to watch:
The fight for the British welterweight on Saturday takes place on a Frank Warren show that will be screened live on BT Sport.
*Former IQ Neasden amateur Robbie Chapman earned a second straight win in the pro ranks with a points victory over Callum Ide on Saturday.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
- 10 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
Middleweight Chapman, who is known as the ‘Camden Caretaker’, is next due for action in December when he will want another win.