Brent youth football round-up: U11s fall to defeat despite spirited performance
- Credit: Archant
Despite their best efforts, Brent under-11 girls fell to a 5-0 defeat against Croydon in the London League.
Brent, who are having an excellent first season and have been on an exceptional run to reach next week's cup final against Camden, knew that they faced a tough challenge against league favourites Croydon.
Their chances were not helped by the fact that both of their recognised goalkeepers, Hannah and Kali, were unavailable while they also missed key players Carrie, Evi and Nancy.
Tashelle and Bella stepped up and shared the goalkeeping duties and their side put in a spirited performance.
However, constant pressure from Croydon saw them progress to the next stage of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Brent must get a win against Wandsworth to have any chance of progressing to the next stage.
Elsewhere, the under-12's cup final at Regents Park was called off due to the outbreak of the coronavirus.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 6 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 7 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites