Brent youth football round-up: U11s fall to defeat despite spirited performance
- Credit: Archant
Despite their best efforts, Brent under-11 girls fell to a 5-0 defeat against Croydon in the London League.
Brent, who are having an excellent first season and have been on an exceptional run to reach next week's cup final against Camden, knew that they faced a tough challenge against league favourites Croydon.
Their chances were not helped by the fact that both of their recognised goalkeepers, Hannah and Kali, were unavailable while they also missed key players Carrie, Evi and Nancy.
Tashelle and Bella stepped up and shared the goalkeeping duties and their side put in a spirited performance.
However, constant pressure from Croydon saw them progress to the next stage of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Brent must get a win against Wandsworth to have any chance of progressing to the next stage.
Elsewhere, the under-12's cup final at Regents Park was called off due to the outbreak of the coronavirus.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 8 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 9 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 10 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury