Brent youngsters score in Jack Petchey West London table tennis final
- Credit: Stephen Pover Photography
Hot shot table tennis players from Brent took top honours in the West London regional final of the Jack Petchey London Schools Team Championships, run in partnership with Table Tennis England at Whitmore School in Harrow.
Celebrating its 10th year, the event attracted 141 players from 12 schools from Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow making up 34 teams.
The under-11 boys' event was won by a team from Brent's Malorees Junior School, who beat a team from St Martin's School, Hillingdon 5-3.
Otto Arnold, Alvy Chappell, both 10, Gilby Higgins and Joey Davis both 11, have been playing table tennis for three years and this is their first competition.
Coach Mike Cleary said: "I'm very proud of them. They were cool under pressure and played well. They are hungry to win again."
They will now compete at the Jack Petchey London Schools' Team Championships Final on Saturday, January 11 at the University of East London.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 8 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 9 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021