Brent youngsters help Middlesex progress in cup
- Credit: Archant
National Schools’ FA Cup first round: Middlesex under-14s 2 Berkshire under-14s 1
Brent youngsters Jada Pollendine, Noelani Ageyman, Caitlin Finnerty, Susan Uwaifo, Shakira Kafero-Roberts and Macey Bannerman-Lloyd helped Middlesex under-14 beat Berkshire 2-1 in the National Schools’ FA Cup first round.
Middlesex had to come from behind to win, with Berkshire taking the lead following a swift counter-attack midway through the first half.
Two Brent youngsters were involved with an immediate reply for Middlesex, with Uwaifo teeing up Kafero-Roberts to fire home the equaliser.
Kafero-Roberts scored a near identical goal soon after to give Middlesex a two-goal lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex continued to press in the second half, but were unable to add to their lead over Berkshire.
However, a lack of a third goal proved inconsequential as Middlesex held on to progress in the cup.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
Middlesex coach Adem Ali said: “It was fantastic to see how quickly the girls have gelled and understood how to play as a team after only having one match together before this game.
“The quality of the chances they created and their defending were superb and shows the amazing potential they all have. It’s been an excellent and exciting start for us all.”