Brent youngsters help Middlesex progress in cup
- Credit: Archant
National Schools’ FA Cup first round: Middlesex under-14s 2 Berkshire under-14s 1
Brent youngsters Jada Pollendine, Noelani Ageyman, Caitlin Finnerty, Susan Uwaifo, Shakira Kafero-Roberts and Macey Bannerman-Lloyd helped Middlesex under-14 beat Berkshire 2-1 in the National Schools’ FA Cup first round.
Middlesex had to come from behind to win, with Berkshire taking the lead following a swift counter-attack midway through the first half.
Two Brent youngsters were involved with an immediate reply for Middlesex, with Uwaifo teeing up Kafero-Roberts to fire home the equaliser.
Kafero-Roberts scored a near identical goal soon after to give Middlesex a two-goal lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex continued to press in the second half, but were unable to add to their lead over Berkshire.
However, a lack of a third goal proved inconsequential as Middlesex held on to progress in the cup.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Middlesex coach Adem Ali said: “It was fantastic to see how quickly the girls have gelled and understood how to play as a team after only having one match together before this game.
“The quality of the chances they created and their defending were superb and shows the amazing potential they all have. It’s been an excellent and exciting start for us all.”