Brent Under-15s beat South London 4-0 to secure league and cup double
- Credit: Archant
Having won the league title, Brent Under-15s secured the double by beating South London 4-0 in the London Cup Final at The Hive.
Goals from captain Jordan Green, Harry Russell, Ashlee Hibbert and Nick Constantinou made for the perfect end to a superb season.
Brent lined up with Kai Watts in goal, behind a back three of Green, Calvin Osbourne and Henry Marku. Wing backs Nico Pennant and Dylan Singh provided the width with the midfield of Sharmarke Muse, Dean Toddington, Isaac D’Andria and Nick Constantinou all playing key roles in a fantastic team performance.
The tireless Harry Russell again led the line with energy and composure causing problems for the South London defence throughout.
The pressing game implemented by manager Kim James and his assistant Nico Poole-Fraser paid dividends as Brent took the game to their opponents and after a mazy run down the left wing from the pacy Singh, Brent were awarded a corner. Toddington whipped in a perfect delivery, and Green did well to lose his marker and head home the opening goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Brent grabbed a second from the penalty spot after Pennant’s cross struck a South London player and Russell made no mistake from 12 yards.
At the start of the second half Brent sent on some fresh legs in the shape of Shaquille Ishmael, Ashlee Hibbert, Michael Pandford, Joseph Griffiths and Karmani Thomas-Lyttle.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
Goalkeeper Watts pulled off two stunning saves to keep the score at 2-0 before Brent added a third when Hibbert was picked out by the lively Ishmael.
The best was saved for last as Toddington linked up with Constantinou, who delicately stroked the ball beyond the keeper.
The result meant Brent became the first team from the borough to win the shield since it was handed down by Old Corinthians FC in 1893.
Brent Under-15 squad: Kai Watts, Calvin Osbourne, Nick Constantinou, Nico Pennant, Karmani Thomas Lyttle (Claremont), Dylan Singh, Joseph Griffths, Dean Toddington, Isaac D’Andria, Sharmarke Muse (QPCS), Henry Marki, Michael Panford (Preston Manor), Ashlee Hibbert, Shaquille Ishmael (Kingsbury), Jordon Green, Harry Russell (JFS).