Brent Schools’ FA reflect on historic day with a record seven teams playing matches
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Brent Schools’ FA
A record seven Brent Schools’ FA teams were in action on a busy Saturday for the organisation.
It was the most teams the organisation had fielded on a single day since it was founded in 1966.
The pick of the results came in the under-14 boys’ fixture as they beat Hillingdon 6-2 thanks to braces from Dionate Smith, Khalid Jabir and Muhammad Abuinsair.
Despite the final score, Brent were only able to muster a single goal in the first half with Smith on target as they led 1-0 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Jabir then doubled Brent’s lead early in the second half, before Hillingdon scored twice in quick succession to level things up.
That seemed to spring life back into Brent as they scored four further times with Abuinsair netting twice, while Jabir and Smith also struck.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
“The match gave us a good reference on where we need to improve,” said coach Stig Nedrebo.
“There were a couple of individual players who stood out which was the big difference.
“We were creative in the last third, but our defensive transitions and shape could have harmed us more than they did.”
The under-11 boys’ A team were also victorious as they recorded a 7-4 success against Barnet.
Danny Gobishavi Por Asl netted a hat-trick in the success, while Deon Selmani, Le’Kai Chevannes, Naeem Giscombe and Armend Muslika also got on the scoresheet.
There was disappointing for the under-11 boys’ B team, though, as they lost 8-1 to Bexley.
Brent’s under-12 girls’ team showed great battling spirit to recover from going a goal down to draw 1-1 against Arsenal courtesy of a goal from Giuseppina Carnavale.
“That was a big test for the girls,” said coach Chris Ampofo. “They showed real courage and resilience to keep passing and comeback.
“I’d like to say a big thank you to Arsenal for giving the girls such a brilliant experience.”
A brace from debutant Amit Chauhan and goals from Shyon Dennis and Che Marlon helped the under-13 boys’ team to a thrilling 4-4 draw against Hillingdon.
The under-12 boys’ team collected a 4-3 success in their game against Hillingdon, while the under-11 girls’ team lost 7-1 against Woking.