Brent girls clinch their fourth trophy of the season
- Credit: Archant
Brent Under-12 Girls secured their fourth trophy of the season as they came out victorious at the prestigious St Joseph’s tournament.
Having come agonisingly close to winning the Hounslow tournament two weeks earlier, the girls were not to be denied this time, as they celebrated another victory in what has been a memorable season.
After winning their group in convincing fashion, Brent (pictured) earned a 1-0 victory in the last four to book a spot in the final showdown where they met the hosts.
The girls didn’t disappoint as they clinched a 2-0 victory over St Joseph’s.
Brent coach Joe Khalfi said: “The standard of the tournament was good, there were some really good teams involved.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole day was a great advert for girls’ football.
“The players have worked really hard all season and this is a fitting reward for them.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
The next challenge for the girls will be the mixed mini soccer tournament at the London Youth Games, which takes place at Crystal Palace at the beginning of July.
Elsewhere, Edgware Town Ladies competed in only their second-ever tournament in Enfield on Sunday, as they exited at the group stages.
Brent squad: Leya Iqbal (Mora), Jasmine Warrington (Claremont), Jessica Kwayie Captain (St Gregory’s), Millie Glover (Preston Manor), Ciara O’Rourke (Sacred Heart), Tyanna Tulloch (St James’), Noelani Agyeman (Our Lady of Lourdes).