Brent boys called up to England squad
Brent duo Mason Gulaidi-Barber and Blake Inniss have both been called up to the England squad after impressive performances at the recent national championships.
Gulaidi-Barber, from Harlesden, won a bronze medal at under-38kg, while Stonebridge youngster Inniss grabbed silver at under-55kg in the pre-cadet (under-15) tournament.
Now the 12-year-olds, who both train at Ealing Judo Club in Park Royal, will be available to represent their country at pre-cadet level throughout the coming year.
They attended their first training sessions at the British Judo Performance Institute in Dartford last weekend, along with Ealing team-mate Eliot Bradford, who won a silver medal in the cadets’ under-90kg section.
A fourth Ealing player, Harkirat Sekhon, has been included in the England under-20 party, while Brent-based Nekoda Davis is already a member of the full squad.
You may also want to watch:
Ealing coach Jo Crowley – who has also been appointed administration group leader for organising committee LOCOG at London 2012 next year – said: “This shows that they’re all among the top competitors in the country.
“With the Olympics taking place in our home town, all that inspiration is filtering through, and hopefully these kids are on the right path towards a career in elite sport.”
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough