Boxing: John O’Donnell to defend English title against Tamuka Mucha
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Shepherds Bush welterweight John O’Donnell will defend his English title against Tamuka Mucha of Reading at Indigo at The O2 on February 16.
The fight, which will take place on a Goodwin Promotions card, will hopefully go ahead after previous efforts to stage it were postponed.
O’Donnell, who turned professional in 2003, is a former Commonwealth champion with a record of 32 wins from 34 bouts.
Between 2013 and 2015, the 32-year-old took a break from the sport, but since returning, O’Donnell has racked up four straight victories.
You may also want to watch:
The Galway-born boxer fought for Dale Youth as an amateur before beginning his pro career.
In Mucha, O’Donnell will face a rival who has a fine pro record of just one loss in 17 fights which came in his last bout in May 2017.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
O’Donnell will hope he can add a second loss to Mucha’s record when the fighters finally meet in the ring next month.