Bostik Premier: Hendon head for Merstham chasing positive result
- Credit: Archant
Greens on the lookout for first win of 2018 after losing on New Year’s Day
Hendon will want to get their first win of 2018 on the board when they visit Merstham in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
The Greens began the New Year with a defeat at home to local rivals Wingate & Finchley on Monday.
That followed a 3-0 win away to Harlow Town on Saturday in the final game of 2017 for the Silver Jubilee Park outfit.
Niko Muir netted all the goals in the win for Gary McCann’s men, and Hendon could face a fight to keep hold of their top scorer in January.
You may also want to watch:
Muir is said to be attracting interest from clubs in the Football League, having been in prolific form for the Greens this term.
McCann will want to keep hold of his star man, though, and will hope Muir can fire Hendon to success at Merstham.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
The Greens are then back in action on Tuesday when they host Corinthian-Casuals in the quarter-finals of the Velocity Trophy.