Bostik Premier: Hendon head for Merstham chasing positive result
- Credit: Archant
Greens on the lookout for first win of 2018 after losing on New Year’s Day
Hendon will want to get their first win of 2018 on the board when they visit Merstham in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
The Greens began the New Year with a defeat at home to local rivals Wingate & Finchley on Monday.
That followed a 3-0 win away to Harlow Town on Saturday in the final game of 2017 for the Silver Jubilee Park outfit.
Niko Muir netted all the goals in the win for Gary McCann’s men, and Hendon could face a fight to keep hold of their top scorer in January.
You may also want to watch:
Muir is said to be attracting interest from clubs in the Football League, having been in prolific form for the Greens this term.
McCann will want to keep hold of his star man, though, and will hope Muir can fire Hendon to success at Merstham.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
The Greens are then back in action on Tuesday when they host Corinthian-Casuals in the quarter-finals of the Velocity Trophy.