Youths showcase their dance talents in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Teenagers and young adults sang and hot-stepped their way into the hearts of an awe struck audience at a special dancing showcase at a popular youth centre in Wembley.
Fresh from taking part in a dance competition, dubbed Street Dance XXL, at the SSE Arena, Wembley, performing arts group ‘Da Unit’ and Revolution wowed a crowd at the Poplar Grove Youth Club in Poplar Grove, with their respective challenging routines.
They were trained by Preston Manor school student Micah McCloud, who at the tender age of 15 teaches both his juniors and seniors how to perform top dancing techniques.
Singing performances tipped off the evening event which was lead by young people from the youth centre.
Jennifer Parris-Buckley, manager of the youth centre, said: “We have lots of talented youth who come to the centre and I am extremely proud of their performances last Saturday.
These people are not forced to come to the centre, they come because they want to. It is a great way to keep them off the street and out of trouble. We provide an environment where all their energies can be used constructively rather than destructively.”
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 6 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 7 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 8 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting