Youth project �100,000 boost
by Will Davies firstname.lastname@example.org Parents and kids had their say on the design of a new adventure playground in a popular park. Three ideas for a playground in Kilburn Grange Park were drawn up by designers and were on displa
by Will Davies
Parents and kids had their say on the design of a new adventure playground in a popular park.
Three ideas for a playground in Kilburn Grange Park were drawn up by designers and were on display at a public meeting at West Hampstead Women's Centre last week.
You may also want to watch:
It's aimed at 8 to 13 year olds who have fewer play facilities compared to younger and older age groups.
The playground will have an outdoor area which will be physically challenging, with a mix of materials such as sand and water, space for sports and physical activities and a natural environment shaped by the children.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Its indoor area will include a cooking area, space for arts, crafts, dressing up and messy play, space to enjoy quiet activities such as reading, and will also have toilets and washing facilities.
Building work is expected to start at the end of 2009 with the adventure playground open by April 2010.