Youth football teams to battle it out for the Brent Super Cup
- Credit: Archant
Youth football teams are battling it out to win the Sisk Construction Brent Super Cup championships taking place on Saturday.
Kick-off starts at midday when 21 teams, including defending champions Youngs FC, will go for glory at the Ark Elvin Academy in Cecil Avenue, Wembley.
The family event was revived last year and now features a new competition for girls.
The tournament, which includes various non-sport activities, aims to encourage young people to live healthier lifestyles while also diverting them from anti-social behaviour and gangs.
Tottenham Hotspur FC’s foundation team are setting up a Skillszone challenge so players can test out their skills against Spurs footballers.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, who organised the event, said: “The Brent Super Cup will help bring the community together and celebrate the positive things about Brent, especially with what’s happening at the moment with knife crime. It will also give our young people a fantastic opportunity to thrive and lead happy, healthy lives.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 8 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million