Youth football teams battle it out to win the Brent Super Cup
- Credit: Archant
The battle is on as youth football teams across the borough compete to win the Brent Super Cup, the first of its kind in almost 25 years.
AFC Wembley, Harlesden Hawks, Hillside Athletic and Youngs FC will go head to head to be crowned champions of the borough at The Pavilion, in Stonebridge Recreation Park, on September 9.
The competition aims to encourage young people to live more active lifestyles and to divert away from gangs and anti-social behaviour.
Organised by Stonebridge councillor Zaffar Van Kalwala and supported by Hyde housing and Sam’s Chicken, the tournament will also include a range of free activities for the whole community such as giant screen Nintendo wi’ games, arts and crafts, music and information for residents.
Cllr Van Kalwala said: “Having played Brent football myself, the Super Cup will be a great occasion for the whole borough. It will provide a fun way to stay fit and healthy and to bring the community together”.
You may also want to watch:
Niroche Fernando, from Sam’s Chicken, said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Super Cup. This is a wonderful opportunity for our children to be the best in Brent. We wish all the teams the best of luck.
Kick off: 12.30pm
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils