Young talent from Brent needed to star in film about regeneration
- Credit: Archant
Movie will be made by Scruffbag Productions based in Willesden
A production company is on the lookout for young talent to help produce their latest venture.
Scruffbag Productions are giving young people the chance to receive one-to-one mentoring from film industry professionals and create a short film.
The project; ‘Film 5: The Drum’, will be based on the theme of regeneration and ties in with the imminent unveiling of Brent Council’s new civic centre.
The film will be premiered at the official opening party of the new council offices in Wembley as well as receiving official recognition on the IMDB, the film industry’s largest global database.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of working on the film, residents are encouraged to attend a series of free workshops across the borough.
The workshops, which are available to 15-25-year-olds, will cover acting, directing, producing, writing and cinematography and five lucky people will be selected following their conclusion.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 4 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
Scruffbag Productions, based in Chichele Road, Willesden Green, is made up of Henry Blake, Kristin Mcilquham & Victoria Bavister.
The trio have more than 10-years worth of film making experience between them.
Their previous initiative, Project 7 was a script-writing and film-making competition designed to engage young people with education through the arts whilst combining the biggest event of the year - London 2012.
The winning script ‘The Boxer’ was written by 22-year-old Daniel Bailey.
Scruffbag’s first feature film ‘Stonebridge’ is at fourth draft with financing about to begin.