Writer Rose Rouse will take you on safari in Harlesden tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Writer Rose Rouse will be taking guests on safari tomorrow evening as she hosts a talk about her book based on a series of walks through Harlesden.
The Brent & Kilburn and Times columnist will be joined by celebrity friends and book-lovers to discuss “A London Safari: Walking Adventures in NW10” at Queen’s Park Books in Salusbury Road, between 6.30 and 8.30pm.
Ms Rouse, who is welcoming residents to join the discussion, wrote the book after blogging about a series of historical and cultural walks she took with NW10 residents, ranging from documentary-maker Louis Theroux to ex-gas meter reader Sue Saunders, in an effort to explore “the richness of multiculturalism in Harlesden”.
An edit version of her blog is published by the Brent & Kilburn Times once a month.
Ms Rouse said: “Every walk I did focussed and deepened my knowledge of people in NW10.”
All are welcome and wine and snacks will be served.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 9 West Hampstead and Kilburn up first for new team to battle fly-tipping
- 10 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey