Writer Rose Rouse will take you on safari in Harlesden tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Writer Rose Rouse will be taking guests on safari tomorrow evening as she hosts a talk about her book based on a series of walks through Harlesden.
The Brent & Kilburn and Times columnist will be joined by celebrity friends and book-lovers to discuss “A London Safari: Walking Adventures in NW10” at Queen’s Park Books in Salusbury Road, between 6.30 and 8.30pm.
Ms Rouse, who is welcoming residents to join the discussion, wrote the book after blogging about a series of historical and cultural walks she took with NW10 residents, ranging from documentary-maker Louis Theroux to ex-gas meter reader Sue Saunders, in an effort to explore “the richness of multiculturalism in Harlesden”.
An edit version of her blog is published by the Brent & Kilburn Times once a month.
Ms Rouse said: “Every walk I did focussed and deepened my knowledge of people in NW10.”
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome and wine and snacks will be served.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed