Workers from Asda in Colindale are tickled pink after raising £500 for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of supermarket workers are tickled pink after they raised more then £500 for a breast charity by taking part in a 5k fun walk.
Family, friends and even pets of the staff from Asda in Colindale participated in the fun walk to raise money for the ‘Tickled Pink’ campaign.
The group started off at the store’s upstairs car park and walked to an open space next door and back to where they started.
Additional funds were raised by selling home made foods, cupcakes and balloons and people were offered free Zumba classes.
The event raised a total of £579.39.
You may also want to watch:
Vanitha Kumar, one of the organisers, said: “It was a huge success with the Territorial Army joining us for the walk and we had a lovely weather in the morning.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer