Workers from Asda in Colindale are tickled pink after raising £500 for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of supermarket workers are tickled pink after they raised more then £500 for a breast charity by taking part in a 5k fun walk.
Family, friends and even pets of the staff from Asda in Colindale participated in the fun walk to raise money for the ‘Tickled Pink’ campaign.
The group started off at the store’s upstairs car park and walked to an open space next door and back to where they started.
Additional funds were raised by selling home made foods, cupcakes and balloons and people were offered free Zumba classes.
The event raised a total of £579.39.
You may also want to watch:
Vanitha Kumar, one of the organisers, said: “It was a huge success with the Territorial Army joining us for the walk and we had a lovely weather in the morning.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend