Workers at Brent Council help raise £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council workers who took part in the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ for charity raised one of the highest donations in west London.
Staff brought in homemade cakes and cookies which colleagues paid to scoff, raising a tasty £2,430 for the Macmillan Cancer Support.
Carole Heffernan, Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising manager for London, said: “Every day in Brent, at least two people are told they have cancer.
“Almost all of our income comes from fundraising and this donation will go a long way in providing financial, emotional and practical help.
“Thank you to Brent Council.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, added: “I want to thank everyone at Brent Council who supported this coffee morning for this important cause.
“Congratulations to all involved on achieving such a fantastic result.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed