Work starts on park gym
by Will Davies Building work has now begun on an outdoor gym in a popular park. The gym, which is close to the Palmerston Road entrance of Kilburn Grange Park, will have more exercise equipment than any other outdoor gym in Camden. The gy
by Will Davies
Building work has now begun on an outdoor gym in a popular park.
The gym, which is close to the Palmerston Road entrance of Kilburn Grange Park, will have more exercise equipment than any other outdoor gym in Camden.
The gym will be officially launched at the Kilburn Festival on Sunday July 12.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Erect Architecture have been appointed to design a new adventure playground in the park.
They will be consulting residents and stakeholders in due course.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
The playground will have an outdoor area which will be physically challenging, with a mix of materials such as sand and water, space for sports and physical activities and a natural environment shaped by the children.
Its indoor area will include a cooking area, space for arts, crafts, dressing up and messy play, space to enjoy quiet activities such as reading, and will also have toilets and washing facilities.
It is aimed at 8 to 13 year olds who have fewer play facilities compared to younger and older age groups.
Building work is expected to start at the end of 2009 with the adventure playground open by April 2010.
For more information contact Cllr Janet Grauberg on 020 7625 4086 or email@example.com.