Work starts on park gym
by Will Davies Building work has now begun on an outdoor gym in a popular park. The gym, which is close to the Palmerston Road entrance of Kilburn Grange Park, will have more exercise equipment than any other outdoor gym in Camden. The gy
by Will Davies
Building work has now begun on an outdoor gym in a popular park.
The gym, which is close to the Palmerston Road entrance of Kilburn Grange Park, will have more exercise equipment than any other outdoor gym in Camden.
The gym will be officially launched at the Kilburn Festival on Sunday July 12.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Erect Architecture have been appointed to design a new adventure playground in the park.
They will be consulting residents and stakeholders in due course.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
The playground will have an outdoor area which will be physically challenging, with a mix of materials such as sand and water, space for sports and physical activities and a natural environment shaped by the children.
Its indoor area will include a cooking area, space for arts, crafts, dressing up and messy play, space to enjoy quiet activities such as reading, and will also have toilets and washing facilities.
It is aimed at 8 to 13 year olds who have fewer play facilities compared to younger and older age groups.
Building work is expected to start at the end of 2009 with the adventure playground open by April 2010.
For more information contact Cllr Janet Grauberg on 020 7625 4086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.