Work begins on new urban play park in South Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Builders have begun work on the site of a new ‘urban park’ as part of the multi-million pound transformation of South Kilburn.
Work on the 0.2 hectare Woodhouse urban play park on Albert Road kicked off at the start of the month and is due to open to the public by spring 2016.
Once completed ,the park-which was designed by developers Ground Control Ltd with the input of local residents- will feature sustainable play equipment, landscaped trees and modern footpaths.
The construction work marks the first phase of the ambitious South Kilburn regeneration programme.
The scheme will see approximately 2,400 new homes built along with a new primary school, shops and improved health facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Half of the new homes have been earmarked for existing secure tenants.
Cllr Margaret McLennan, Brent council’s lead member for housing and development said: “This is a significant milestone for the South Kilburn regeneration programme.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
“We have met with local residents many times to discuss what kind of park they would like to see and what features it should include.
“The final proposals look great and I am thrilled to see the contractors on site beginning to turn this space in to a fantastic new park, creating a great place for residents to visit and enjoy.”
If you would like more information about Woodhouse Urban Park and the regeneration of South Kilburn, click here.