Woman taken to hospital after fire rips through Harlesden flat
- Credit: David Nathan
A woman was taken to hospital following a blaze in Harlesden.
Eight fire engines and around 60 firefighters were called to a flat fire in Oldfield Road at 7.25pm yesterday (March 10).
Part of the ground floor, first floor and loft of a terraced house converted into flats were alight, London Fire Brigade (LFB) said.
One woman left the building before LFB arrived and was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service (LAS) crews.
An LAS spokesperson said: "We sent an ambulance crew, an incident response officer and a hazardous area response team.
You may also want to watch:
"A person was treated at the scene and taken to a hospital."
Station Cmdr Peter Johnson said: "Crews carried out a search of the property and worked quickly to bring the fire under control."
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
Street closures were in place as firefighters remained at the scene damping down, which caused some delays.
The fire was under control by 8.30pm.
Fire crews from Willesden, Park Royal, North Kensington, Wembley and surrounding stations attended.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.