Woman rescued from Wembley garage fire

Coroners have named the victim of a garage fire in Wembley as Daphne Gordon

Coroners have named the victim of a garage fire in Wembley as Daphne Gordon - Credit: Archant

A woman was hospitalized in the early hours of this morning after a fire tore through a garage in Wembley.

The woman was left unconscious after the blaze tore through the garage at the rear of a property in Bowrons Avenue I shortly before 1 am this morning.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued the woman from the burning building.

She was treated by London Ambulance service crews before being taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Part of the single storey garage was damaged by the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


Crews brought the fire under control by 2:20am.

The fire is thought to have been started accidentally.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus