Woman pedestrian killed in lorry collision in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A female pedestrian has died following a collision with a lorry in Kensal Rise today.
The woman has been named locally as Kamla Parmar who lived locally in Halstow Road.
The 82-year-old, who was a carer for her older sick husband, is believed to have got off a bus minutes before she was struck by the vehicle.
The lorry stopped at the scene and the driver was not arrested.
Paramedics and an air ambulance rushed to the scene Banister Road at the junction of Chamberlayne Road, following the collision at 10.30am but she died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Distraught relatives and friends said at the scene that Mrs Parmar was ‘an amazing lady’.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to the collision, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit based at Alperton on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley