Woman ordered to pay £160k for illegal conversion of Cricklewood property
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A landlord has been ordered to pay a sum of more than £160,000 after being convicted of illegally converting her Cricklewood property into flats.
Nasira Hassan was told to pay a confiscation order of just under £159,000 -a slice of the amount she received in rent payments- for the unlawful renovation of the site in Chichele Road into 10 separate dwellings.
She was also issued with a £3,500 fine in a hearing at Harrow Crown Court.
Councillor Margaret McLennan, lead member for regeneration and housing at Brent Council said “I am pleased that Ms Hassan has been convicted for this illegal conversion.Brent Council will not allow people to profit from illegal conversions.
“This landlady ignored planning rules designed to ensure that the quality of accommodation in the boroughs is maintained and that the environment for surrounding residents is protected.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, she profited hugely from this sub-standard accommodation.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley