Woman killed in lorry hit-and-run in Harlesden is named as 62-year-old from Paddington
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 62-year-old woman who was killed after being hit by a lorry in Harlesden.
Nadia Gangari from Paddington, was crossing Manor Park Road near the junction with the High Street in Harlesden at around 12.30pm on December 11 when the collision took place.
Ms Gangari, who is believed to be of Somali origin, was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.15pm.
The lorry driver did not stop at the scene, but police found the vehicle and driver nearby; no arrests have been made at this stage but police are investigating the incident.
A post-mortem examination at Northwick Park Hospital on December 15 found the cause of death to be multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed.
Detective from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Alperton have appealed for any witnesses or anyone with information to call them at Alperton traffic garage on 0208 991 9555 or Crimestoppers anononymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley