Woman found unconscious after fire rips through her Harlesden flat
A woman is being treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in her flat in Harlesden this morning believed to have been started by a cigarette.
The woman was unconscious but breathing when she was rescued by fire crews from the address in Mordaunt Road at around 12.15am.
She was rushed to hospital by an air ambulance.
Crew Manager Abid Chaudary, from Park Royal fire station, who was at the scene, said: “Crews worked hard at the scene, and we were able to find and rescue the woman quickly and bring her out to fresh air.”
Fire chiefs are urging people to extinguish their cigarettes fully and fill their ashtray with water at the end of the night to dampen any embers.
You may also want to watch:
They have also issued a warning about smoking when tired or while consuming alcohol.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer