Search

Woman found unconscious after fire rips through her Harlesden flat

PUBLISHED: 11:35 03 February 2014 | UPDATED: 11:35 03 February 2014

A woman is being treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in her flat in Harlesden this morning believed to have been started by a cigarette.

The woman was unconscious but breathing when she was rescued by fire crews from the address in Mordaunt Road at around 12.15am.

She was rushed to hospital by an air ambulance.

Crew Manager Abid Chaudary, from Park Royal fire station, who was at the scene, said: “Crews worked hard at the scene, and we were able to find and rescue the woman quickly and bring her out to fresh air.”

Fire chiefs are urging people to extinguish their cigarettes fully and fill their ashtray with water at the end of the night to dampen any embers.

They have also issued a warning about smoking when tired or while consuming alcohol.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times