Woman dies after being hit by car in West Hampstead
Second female is critical after Mercedes mounts pavement in West End Lane
One woman is dead and a second is fighting for her life after they were hit by a car which mounted a pavement in West Hampstead yesterday evening.
The two women were struck by the Mercedes in West End Lane at around 8.40pm.
The dead woman, who is in her 30s, died at the scene and the second woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is in a critical condition.
The male driver was also taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not serious.
The incident is being probed by the road death investigation unit.
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Police have made no arrests.