Woman dies after being hit by car in West Hampstead
Second female is critical after Mercedes mounts pavement in West End Lane
One woman is dead and a second is fighting for her life after they were hit by a car which mounted a pavement in West Hampstead yesterday evening.
The two women were struck by the Mercedes in West End Lane at around 8.40pm.
The dead woman, who is in her 30s, died at the scene and the second woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is in a critical condition.
The male driver was also taken to hospital.
His injuries are not serious.
The incident is being probed by the road death investigation unit.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Police have made no arrests.