Woman dies after being hit by car in West Hampstead
Second female is critical after Mercedes mounts pavement in West End Lane
One woman is dead and a second is fighting for her life after they were hit by a car which mounted a pavement in West Hampstead yesterday evening.
The two women were struck by the Mercedes in West End Lane at around 8.40pm.
The dead woman, who is in her 30s, died at the scene and the second woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is in a critical condition.
The male driver was also taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not serious.
The incident is being probed by the road death investigation unit.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
Police have made no arrests.