Woman arrested for drink driving after man dies in car crash in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Driver, who is in her 60s, was held shortly after a car failed to stop at the scene
A woman in her 60s has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a man was killed in a road smash in Kilburn last night.
The man, who was in his 50s, was travelling in a car which collided with another vehicle in Kilburn High Road at the junction of Quex Road, at around 11pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he died shortly after.
The other car failed to stop at the scene but was traced a short time after.
The woman driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and failing to stop.
She remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 5 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 6 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
There were no other injuries.
Officers from Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 0208 842 1817.