Woman arrested for drink driving after man dies in car crash in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Driver, who is in her 60s, was held shortly after a car failed to stop at the scene
A woman in her 60s has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a man was killed in a road smash in Kilburn last night.
The man, who was in his 50s, was travelling in a car which collided with another vehicle in Kilburn High Road at the junction of Quex Road, at around 11pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he died shortly after.
The other car failed to stop at the scene but was traced a short time after.
The woman driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and failing to stop.
She remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
- 10 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
There were no other injuries.
Officers from Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 0208 842 1817.