Woman arrested for drink driving after man dies in car crash in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Driver, who is in her 60s, was held shortly after a car failed to stop at the scene
A woman in her 60s has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a man was killed in a road smash in Kilburn last night.
The man, who was in his 50s, was travelling in a car which collided with another vehicle in Kilburn High Road at the junction of Quex Road, at around 11pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he died shortly after.
The other car failed to stop at the scene but was traced a short time after.
You may also want to watch:
The woman driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and failing to stop.
She remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 3 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 4 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Ex EastEnders star to host Oktoberfest at Wembley Boxpark
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Planning permission approved for QPR’s new training ground
There were no other injuries.
Officers from Northolt Road Death Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call 0208 842 1817.