Woman and three dogs rescued from blaze in Harlesden
- Credit: sub
Fire-fighters rushed to Station Road last night to rescue woman and three Algerian Shepherds
A woman and her three dogs had to be pulled out of a burning building following a fire in Harlesden last night.
Two fire engines and around 10 fire-fighters attended the blaze at a house in Station Road at around 9pm.
The fire, which was believed to have been caused by cooking, forced the woman and her three Algerian Shepherd Dogs to be pulled from the property.
The woman suffered from smoke inhalation and was treated on the scene by London Ambulance Service while the dogs were taken care of by the RSPCA.
The fire was put out at around 9.40pm
Speaking after the blaze, a spokesperson from the London Fire Brigade issued a warning and said cooking fires account for nearly a third of all fires in London homes.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 4 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Roundwood Park tap removed after children use it to fill balloons
- 9 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
He added: “Never leave your cooking unattended and be extra careful when cooking with oil.
“If you have a fire in your kitchen, do not attempt to fight it yourself - and never put water on a fire involving oil. Instead, get out, stay out, and dial 999.”