Woman and child taken to hospital following a fire in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
A woman and child were taken to hospital following a fire at a block of flats.
Fire crews from four stations were called to tackle a blaze in Hillside, Stonebridge, just after 10.30am on Friday last week.
Part of a five-roomed flat on the fifth floor was damaged in the fire which was under control within an hour, London Fire Brigade said.
A woman and a child left the property before the firefighters arrived and were taken to hospital by ambulance crews suffering smoke inhalation.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, representing Stonebridge Ward, said: “ I’m relieved that no one was hurt. I’d also like to thank the emergency services for their hard work in dealing with the fire.
“I will be working with Hyde and the council to ensure residents receive the necessary support.
“I will also be asking for an investigation to find out how the fire started.”
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
The cause of the fire is under investigation.