Woman, 80, seriously injured after being hit by car in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been seriously injured after she was hit by a car while crossing a road in Wembley this morning.
The 80-year-old woman sustained head injuries after she was struck by the vehicle in Ealing Road just before 10am.
Her injuries were initially being treated as life-threatening but her condition has since improved.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Police are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A section of Ealing Road and Wembley High Road were closed for just over an hour.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley