Witnesses describe their shock of seeing elderly woman killed in Kilburn
Pedestrian died after collision with lorry in Kilburn High Road this morning
Witnesses have described their shock after a pedestrian died during a collision with a lorry in Kilburn High Road, this morning.
The woman, who is believed to be elderly, died she crossed the road close to the junction with Brondesbury Villas at around 9.55am.
Andy Andrea, who works in Monte, a men’s hairdressers opposite where the incident happened, rushed across the road to help immediately after the incident.
He told the Times: “I heard a loud bang and turned round and just saw an old lady lying there, everyone was screaming, I rushed to help but it I could tell it was too late.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman who was driving down the High Road at the same time got out and checked her pulse before putting a blanket over her, I don’t think she had a chance really, it’s very sad.”
A stretch of the High Road was cordoned off between Belsize Road and Brondesbury Villas and motorists and pedestrians were told to use a diversion.
- 1 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 2 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 3 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 4 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 9 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
Resident Bryan O’Flynn, who arrived on the scene just after the incident said he saw ambulance crews working at the scene but was too shocked to look closely.
He said: “I knew it was something really bad as soon as I saw there was a tent up, it makes you fear the worst.
“The area has had a lot of problems with traffic in the past, somebody died here just a few months ago, maybe people get impatient waiting to cross the road because of all the road works.”
Sadheer Khan, who works in Same Day Buy and Repair also on the High Road described the incident as ‘very upsetting’.
He said: “I looked outside, there were lots of vehicles and people but I could see shoes and a walking stick on the floor, it was horrible.
“The crossings here are too dangerous; sometimes the lights only flash for a few seconds and don’t give you time to get across the road.”
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic collision at about 10am involving a pedestrian and a lorry.
“We sent two amubulances and a single response car. Sadly, one person was found dead at the scene.”