Willesden teenager accused of being country’s youngest contract killer goes on trial

Sixteen-year-old is charged with gunning down young mother

JURORS have been sworn in this morning for the trial of a 16-year-old boy from Willesden accused of being the country’s youngest contract killer.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is said to have gunned down 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Homerton, east London, on March 22 last year.

The 16-year-old, who denies murder, will be trialled alongside six people who are also charged with killing the Turkish mother.

Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise, another 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named for legal reasons, from south Tottenham, Leigh Bryan, 25, from Hornsey, north London, Zeon Jackman, 22, from south Tottenham, Serdar Ozbek and Paul Nicoloau, both 28, from Wood Green and Tottenham, respectively, all deny murder.


You may also want to watch:


Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.

The charges were read out in the Old Bailey after the jury was sworn in to try the case.

Most Read

Judge Stephen Kramer QC told them the case would start at 11am tomorrow (Wednesday) with the prosecution opening by Victor Temple QC.

The judge added: “The first stage will be when Mr Temple opens the case.

“That is not going to take place today but is going to take place tomorrow.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter