Willesden stylist showcases his Olympic Torch creation on the streets of Brent
Michael Roberts’ giant weave wowed the crowds
A Willesden stylist showed he was a cut above the rest by wowing the crowds watching the Olympic Torch in Brent with his own hair-raising creation.
Michael Roberts took to the borough’s streets to showcase his award-winning giant weave in the shape of the Olympic Torch.
Mr Roberts and Sumi Sola turned heads as she paraded through the streets of Brent yards behind torchbearers carrying the symbolic flame.
Mr Roberts said: “I wanted to show people this unique creative work of art and they were amazed by it as it is made out of hair.
You may also want to watch:
“They loved the creativity and wanted to touch it.
“It was great showing it to the community.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
The �300 weave scooped the top prize in two categories at this year’s Afro Beauty Show Live adding another trophy to Mr Robert’s bulging display cabinet.
Since opening Michael’s Styles salon in High Road, Willesden, in 1997, he continually won awards and prizes in some of London’s top hair and fashion shows.