Willesden stylist showcases his Olympic Torch creation on the streets of Brent
Michael Roberts’ giant weave wowed the crowds
A Willesden stylist showed he was a cut above the rest by wowing the crowds watching the Olympic Torch in Brent with his own hair-raising creation.
Michael Roberts took to the borough’s streets to showcase his award-winning giant weave in the shape of the Olympic Torch.
Mr Roberts and Sumi Sola turned heads as she paraded through the streets of Brent yards behind torchbearers carrying the symbolic flame.
Mr Roberts said: “I wanted to show people this unique creative work of art and they were amazed by it as it is made out of hair.
You may also want to watch:
“They loved the creativity and wanted to touch it.
“It was great showing it to the community.”
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 3 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
The �300 weave scooped the top prize in two categories at this year’s Afro Beauty Show Live adding another trophy to Mr Robert’s bulging display cabinet.
Since opening Michael’s Styles salon in High Road, Willesden, in 1997, he continually won awards and prizes in some of London’s top hair and fashion shows.