Willesden stylist showcases his Olympic Torch creation on the streets of Brent
Michael Roberts’ giant weave wowed the crowds
A Willesden stylist showed he was a cut above the rest by wowing the crowds watching the Olympic Torch in Brent with his own hair-raising creation.
Michael Roberts took to the borough’s streets to showcase his award-winning giant weave in the shape of the Olympic Torch.
Mr Roberts and Sumi Sola turned heads as she paraded through the streets of Brent yards behind torchbearers carrying the symbolic flame.
Mr Roberts said: “I wanted to show people this unique creative work of art and they were amazed by it as it is made out of hair.
“They loved the creativity and wanted to touch it.
“It was great showing it to the community.”
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
The �300 weave scooped the top prize in two categories at this year’s Afro Beauty Show Live adding another trophy to Mr Robert’s bulging display cabinet.
Since opening Michael’s Styles salon in High Road, Willesden, in 1997, he continually won awards and prizes in some of London’s top hair and fashion shows.