Willesden schoolboy ‘hitman’ hired to kill Hackney mum in custody dispute
Court hears claims that estranged husband arranged murder
A MOTHER was murdered by a schoolboy hitman on the orders of her estranged husband who she was locked in a custody battle with, a court heard.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the 15-year-old boy from Willesden, after she threatened to take custody of the couple’s nine-year-old son, jurors at the Old Bailey were told.
The teenager is claimed to have gunned down the Turkish mother as she stood on her mother’s doorstep in Hackney, east London, on March 22 last year.
Serdar Ozbek, 28, the victim’s estranged husband, who was in Turkey at the time, is said to have arranged her murder to prevent a ‘loss of face’.
You may also want to watch:
The killing took place two days after the pair fell out during a series of international phone calls.
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “The Crown allege there was the distinct possibility that Gulistan was seeking or had already taken steps to take away their son back to Turkey.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
“Both these matters, especially the prospect of losing custody and the attendant loss of face to Serdar Ozbek, caused him to take an extreme but far from unknown course.”
The teenager, who is now 16 and cannot be named for legal reasons, and Ozbek are among seven men now facing trial for the murder.
Jurors heard Gulistan had run away from home to be with Ozbek after meeting him in the UK.
Describing the victim, Mr Temple said: “She was attractive, she was spirited and she was of an independent mind.”
In the dock are Ozbek from Wood Green, the accused hitman, another 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Leigh Bryan, 25, from Hornsey, Paul Nicoloau, 28 and Zeon Jackman, 22, both from Tottenham.
All deny murder.
The trial continues.