Pearl Slater turns 100 – and is joined by mayor of Brent for festive birthday celebration
- Credit: Archant
Willesden’s very own festive baby is 100 years young and celebrates the milestone in style today.
Pearl Slater was flanked by her two daughters, five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren at the Jewish community housing association – jLiving – she’s called home for the past 18 years.
They were joined by friends, neighbours and the mayor of Brent Cllr Arshad Mahmood for a memorable shindig in the building’s Young Court Lounge.
“It is great living at Young Court,” said Pearl
“I am very happy here. The scheme managers Smart and Margaret are wonderful, and it’s so lovely to have such nice people as neighbours.”
You may also want to watch:
jLiving has been running for more than 50 years and is one of the largest organisations in the UK offering sheltered and supported housing primarily to the Jewish community.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report