Willesden raid: Three women, including one who was shot, charged with preparing terror act
- Credit: Archant
Three women, including one who was shot during a police raid in Willesden, have been charged with preparing a terrorist act and conspiracy to murder.
Rizlaine Boular, 21, of central London, Khawla Barghouthi, 20, of north-west London, and Mina Dich, 43, of south-west London, were arrested last month and charged yesterday, Scotland Yard said.
Boular was shot by armed police during a raid at a property in Harlesden Road on April 27 and was arrested when she was discharged from hospital on April 30.
Barghouthi was arrested in Harlesden Road on April 27 and Boular’s mother, Dich, was arrested on the same day in Kent.
They are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The three women are accused of conspiring together “to murder a person or persons unknown” between April 11 and April 28 2017, police said.
Boular is also charged with “the intention of committing acts of terrorism engaged in conduct in preparation for giving effect the that intention” over the same period.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Dich and Barghouthi are accused of intending to assist Boular “to commit acts of terrorism engaged in conduct in preparation for giving effect to her intention of committing acts of terrorism” between the same dates.
Three teenagers who were arrested on suspicion of terror offences in an operation linked to the Harlesden Road raid were released with no further action yesterday.
The three women – two aged 18 and one 19 – were detained on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorist acts on May 1 after raids were carried out at three addresses in east London.
Two men – aged 21 and 28 – and a 16-year-old boy, arrested on April 27 either in or close to the Harlesden Road address, have also been released without charge.
Officers have completed the searches of all the addresses connected with the arrests.
Police previously said a total of 10 arrests have been made which are linked to the Harlesden Road operation in which elite armed officers carried out a “specialist entry” into the terraced property.