Willesden print exhibition set to wow audiences
The new show will highlight home-grown talent in monoprints and etchings
Art lovers are in for a treat this month, as a new exhibition showcasing home-grown talent in printmaking at The Gallery in Willesden Green.
The exhibition will concentrate on prints, including monoprints, etchings, screenprints, lithographs, lino and woodcuts.
This medium, explored by Rembrandt and Picasso, allows artists to create works of art from very simple means – materials such as rolling pins and even potatoes can make useful tools.
Lorenzo Belenguer, one of the exhibition’s curators, says he hopes that the affordable prints will tempt prospective art collectors to begin their collections.
You may also want to watch:
The Exhibition in Print is at Willesden library in High Road, Willesden, from February 15 until March 18, from 2pm-6pm.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1