Willesden print exhibition set to wow audiences
The new show will highlight home-grown talent in monoprints and etchings
Art lovers are in for a treat this month, as a new exhibition showcasing home-grown talent in printmaking at The Gallery in Willesden Green.
The exhibition will concentrate on prints, including monoprints, etchings, screenprints, lithographs, lino and woodcuts.
This medium, explored by Rembrandt and Picasso, allows artists to create works of art from very simple means – materials such as rolling pins and even potatoes can make useful tools.
Lorenzo Belenguer, one of the exhibition’s curators, says he hopes that the affordable prints will tempt prospective art collectors to begin their collections.
You may also want to watch:
The Exhibition in Print is at Willesden library in High Road, Willesden, from February 15 until March 18, from 2pm-6pm.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'