Willesden pianist aims to boost his career via the Internet
- Credit: Archant
Viktor Bijelovic hopes to raise the funds to design his own art-work and market his second CD
A classical pianist from Willesden who has created his own CD is looking to give his career a boost by taking to the Internet for support.
Viktor Bijelovic has taken on the challenge to raise the funds to design his own art-work and market his second CD in a bid to increase its audience.
The 32-year-old, who lives in Melrose Avenue, is hoping the Kickstarter project will help him on his way.
Kickstarter, which launched in 2009, allows people to pitch their creative ideas online with the aim of raising funds and support to improve their prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bijelovic, who is striving to raise £7,500, told the Times he has a desire to share music with as many people as possible each of whom will have their own personal views.
“A bit like our local community - we all know that our own view is valid, whilst enjoying the diversity and harmony!” – he said.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
The CD, which features pieces from Chopin and Beethoven, has a narrated introduction track a little bit about each piece and about the composer.
He added: “The joy of seeing someone who started the concert as a silent, unmoving and inwardly drawn person turn towards me, smile, with their eyes lit up at the end of a concert is really incredible.”
Mr Bijelovic studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London is currently finishing a week long tour of Yorkshire, where he’s been playing 15 concerts for dementia sufferers for a charity, the Lost Chord.
His Kickstarter campaign runs until June 17.
To find out more go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/viktorbijelovic/brand-new-cd-by-classical-pianist-viktor-bijelovic