Willesden pianist aims to boost his career via the Internet
- Credit: Archant
Viktor Bijelovic hopes to raise the funds to design his own art-work and market his second CD
A classical pianist from Willesden who has created his own CD is looking to give his career a boost by taking to the Internet for support.
Viktor Bijelovic has taken on the challenge to raise the funds to design his own art-work and market his second CD in a bid to increase its audience.
The 32-year-old, who lives in Melrose Avenue, is hoping the Kickstarter project will help him on his way.
Kickstarter, which launched in 2009, allows people to pitch their creative ideas online with the aim of raising funds and support to improve their prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bijelovic, who is striving to raise £7,500, told the Times he has a desire to share music with as many people as possible each of whom will have their own personal views.
“A bit like our local community - we all know that our own view is valid, whilst enjoying the diversity and harmony!” – he said.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
The CD, which features pieces from Chopin and Beethoven, has a narrated introduction track a little bit about each piece and about the composer.
He added: “The joy of seeing someone who started the concert as a silent, unmoving and inwardly drawn person turn towards me, smile, with their eyes lit up at the end of a concert is really incredible.”
Mr Bijelovic studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London is currently finishing a week long tour of Yorkshire, where he’s been playing 15 concerts for dementia sufferers for a charity, the Lost Chord.
His Kickstarter campaign runs until June 17.
To find out more go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/viktorbijelovic/brand-new-cd-by-classical-pianist-viktor-bijelovic