Coronavirus: Help double donations as Willesden Green mutual aid group takes part in Local Giving competition
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours in Willesden Green are calling for donations big or small to help the whole community.
Willesden Green Town Team is taking part in a Local Giving competition where the charity will match any donations made under the value of £75 before November 3 - Tuesday.
There is £750,000 up for grabs.
Donations up to £75 will be accepted until November 3 at 9.59am. From then until the fund runs out, or 12pm on November 9, any size of donation can be matched up to £5,000 a time.
“This money will help us provide the essential extras that the Sufra box cannot provide such as fresh fruit and vegetables, baby milk and nappies, tampons, toothpaste and other toiletries.
You may also want to watch:
“Additionally, we want to train our volunteers to provide support for mental health, housing and other support services, for example an NVQ level 2 course in Health and Social Care can cost up to £1,500.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims