Willesden mother transfoms her Jubilee party after winning Times competition
Jackie Bains scoops �500 voucher to spend in Hobbycraft in Staples Corner
A lucky reader has had her Jubilee party transformed after winning a competition the Times ran in conjunction with art and craft retailers Hobbycraft.
Jackie Baines, of Kings Road, Willesden, scooped �500 to spend in the branch in Staples Corner allowing her to create the ultimate street party.
Mrs Baines, a freelance graphic designer, was picked at random from dozens of entries after she correctly answered that the Diamond Jubilee anniversary stood for 60 years.
The mother of Felicity, 16, and Elizabeth, 20, who lives with husband Phil, snapped up a sewing machine, a Titanic model and baking equipment.
You may also want to watch:
She also splashed the cash on items for the craft stall and Union Jacks.
She said: “I was delighted. I purchased excellent raffle prizes and put a lot more colour on the table.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
“The event is not just about patriotism. They are so good for the community and bring people together.”
Her street party will take place in Kings Road on Sunday (3).
For more information about Hobbycraft visit www.hobbycraft.co.uk