Willesden mother transfoms her Jubilee party after winning Times competition
Jackie Bains scoops �500 voucher to spend in Hobbycraft in Staples Corner
A lucky reader has had her Jubilee party transformed after winning a competition the Times ran in conjunction with art and craft retailers Hobbycraft.
Jackie Baines, of Kings Road, Willesden, scooped �500 to spend in the branch in Staples Corner allowing her to create the ultimate street party.
Mrs Baines, a freelance graphic designer, was picked at random from dozens of entries after she correctly answered that the Diamond Jubilee anniversary stood for 60 years.
The mother of Felicity, 16, and Elizabeth, 20, who lives with husband Phil, snapped up a sewing machine, a Titanic model and baking equipment.
You may also want to watch:
She also splashed the cash on items for the craft stall and Union Jacks.
She said: “I was delighted. I purchased excellent raffle prizes and put a lot more colour on the table.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
“The event is not just about patriotism. They are so good for the community and bring people together.”
Her street party will take place in Kings Road on Sunday (3).
For more information about Hobbycraft visit www.hobbycraft.co.uk