Willesden mentoring organisation launches recruitment drive
- Credit: jan nevill
Potential Mentoring are looking for more mentors
A community organisation which helps troubled youths in the borough is looking to recruit mentors to use their expertise to guide and advice children in difficulty.
Potential Mentoring, which is based in Church Road, Willesden, are holding a recruitment and training day for anyone looking to get involved.
The project, which was set-up in 2006, was founded by Kelly Oyebola, an ex-Probation Officer and qualified social worker with 18 years experience of working in criminal justice and social care.
“It has been a rewarding few years and we have supported many families, children and young people - making a real difference in our local community, which is what we set out to achieve from the beginning,” said Mr Oyebola.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are hoping that people wanting to contribute to their local community will join us as mentors and help us support more children and young people who live in Brent or the surrounding areas of Brent.”
The recruitment and training open day will take place on Saturday May 25 but anyone interested in applying will need to book soon.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
To book a place contact email@example.com or call either Dodd Prescott on 0798 5422049 Kelly Oyebola on 07949 664336 or the office on 0208 459 6000.