Willesden mentoring organisation launches recruitment drive
- Credit: jan nevill
Potential Mentoring are looking for more mentors
A community organisation which helps troubled youths in the borough is looking to recruit mentors to use their expertise to guide and advice children in difficulty.
Potential Mentoring, which is based in Church Road, Willesden, are holding a recruitment and training day for anyone looking to get involved.
The project, which was set-up in 2006, was founded by Kelly Oyebola, an ex-Probation Officer and qualified social worker with 18 years experience of working in criminal justice and social care.
“It has been a rewarding few years and we have supported many families, children and young people - making a real difference in our local community, which is what we set out to achieve from the beginning,” said Mr Oyebola.
He added: “We are hoping that people wanting to contribute to their local community will join us as mentors and help us support more children and young people who live in Brent or the surrounding areas of Brent.”
The recruitment and training open day will take place on Saturday May 25 but anyone interested in applying will need to book soon.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
To book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call either Dodd Prescott on 0798 5422049 Kelly Oyebola on 07949 664336 or the office on 0208 459 6000.