Willesden mentoring organisation launches recruitment drive
- Credit: jan nevill
Potential Mentoring are looking for more mentors
A community organisation which helps troubled youths in the borough is looking to recruit mentors to use their expertise to guide and advice children in difficulty.
Potential Mentoring, which is based in Church Road, Willesden, are holding a recruitment and training day for anyone looking to get involved.
The project, which was set-up in 2006, was founded by Kelly Oyebola, an ex-Probation Officer and qualified social worker with 18 years experience of working in criminal justice and social care.
“It has been a rewarding few years and we have supported many families, children and young people - making a real difference in our local community, which is what we set out to achieve from the beginning,” said Mr Oyebola.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are hoping that people wanting to contribute to their local community will join us as mentors and help us support more children and young people who live in Brent or the surrounding areas of Brent.”
The recruitment and training open day will take place on Saturday May 25 but anyone interested in applying will need to book soon.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
To book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call either Dodd Prescott on 0798 5422049 Kelly Oyebola on 07949 664336 or the office on 0208 459 6000.