Willesden man sentenced for breaching dispersal order
Court hears 47-year-old was arrested outside a library
A man has been sentenced after he admitted breaching a dispersal order in Willesden.
Patrick Joseph O’Connor, 47, of Donnington Road, Willesden, was handed down a 12 months conditional discharge and ordered to pay �30.00 costs last week.
Brent Magistrates Court heard a dispersal zone was placed in a section of Willesden last month after complaints of yobbish behaviour from resident and traders.
The zone aims to prevent large groups of people loitering in the area where they are claimed to have carried out a string of anti social behaviour including acts of intimidation, fighting and urinating in the streets.
You may also want to watch:
Under the order groups of individuals causing anti social behaviour in the dispersal area will be asked to leave and not return to the area for 24 hours.
If they return and continue to cause problems, they can be arrested.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
O’Connor was arrested outside Willesden Green Library Centre.
Sergeant Damian Mattock from Willesden Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “The sentence of O’Connor will hopefully serve to demonstrate how seriously we and the courts take the dispersal zone.2work.”
The zone covers Grange Road to the High Road to Brondesbury Park junction with Staverton Road, across pedestrian area to Chambers Lane, Chambers Lane to Harlesden Road to Grange Road.
The area includes car parks and communal spaces.