Willesden man sentenced for breaching dispersal order
Court hears 47-year-old was arrested outside a library
A man has been sentenced after he admitted breaching a dispersal order in Willesden.
Patrick Joseph O’Connor, 47, of Donnington Road, Willesden, was handed down a 12 months conditional discharge and ordered to pay �30.00 costs last week.
Brent Magistrates Court heard a dispersal zone was placed in a section of Willesden last month after complaints of yobbish behaviour from resident and traders.
The zone aims to prevent large groups of people loitering in the area where they are claimed to have carried out a string of anti social behaviour including acts of intimidation, fighting and urinating in the streets.
You may also want to watch:
Under the order groups of individuals causing anti social behaviour in the dispersal area will be asked to leave and not return to the area for 24 hours.
If they return and continue to cause problems, they can be arrested.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
O’Connor was arrested outside Willesden Green Library Centre.
Sergeant Damian Mattock from Willesden Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “The sentence of O’Connor will hopefully serve to demonstrate how seriously we and the courts take the dispersal zone.2work.”
The zone covers Grange Road to the High Road to Brondesbury Park junction with Staverton Road, across pedestrian area to Chambers Lane, Chambers Lane to Harlesden Road to Grange Road.
The area includes car parks and communal spaces.