Willesden man sentenced for breaching dispersal order
Court hears 47-year-old was arrested outside a library
A man has been sentenced after he admitted breaching a dispersal order in Willesden.
Patrick Joseph O’Connor, 47, of Donnington Road, Willesden, was handed down a 12 months conditional discharge and ordered to pay �30.00 costs last week.
Brent Magistrates Court heard a dispersal zone was placed in a section of Willesden last month after complaints of yobbish behaviour from resident and traders.
The zone aims to prevent large groups of people loitering in the area where they are claimed to have carried out a string of anti social behaviour including acts of intimidation, fighting and urinating in the streets.
Under the order groups of individuals causing anti social behaviour in the dispersal area will be asked to leave and not return to the area for 24 hours.
If they return and continue to cause problems, they can be arrested.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 3 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 4 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 5 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 8 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
O’Connor was arrested outside Willesden Green Library Centre.
Sergeant Damian Mattock from Willesden Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “The sentence of O’Connor will hopefully serve to demonstrate how seriously we and the courts take the dispersal zone.2work.”
The zone covers Grange Road to the High Road to Brondesbury Park junction with Staverton Road, across pedestrian area to Chambers Lane, Chambers Lane to Harlesden Road to Grange Road.
The area includes car parks and communal spaces.