Willesden man proposes to girfriend in front of thousands of commuters
Porter pops the question via Metro newspaper
A romantic Willesden man scrapped the traditional forms of marriage proposals by popping the question to his girlfriend under the watchful eye of thousands of commuters
William Woods, who lives in Willesden High Road, proposed to girlfriend Denise Redmond via the Metro newspaper’s Good Deed Feed service.
The text service gives readers the chance to offer praise to their friends and family.
Mr Woods, 37, who works as a porter explained his reasons for taking to print rather than getting down on bended knee.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I wanted to do something different, I heard about this service where you could text in to say thank you to people and I thought it would be a great opportunity to propose”
“I rang her up and told her to look in the Metro and thankfully she said yes then and there”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
The couple met three years ago when they were working together in St Johns Wood and they moved to Willesden at the beginning of June.
Miss Redmond, 34, who works as a nurse told of her surprise at seeing the romantic gesture in the paper.
She said: “My mind was a bit preoccupied, I had just been in a meeting so I was thinking about that and then William rang and asked me if I had a copy of the Metro”
“It was the last thing I was expecting to see, I thought he would be telling me about a news story so I was expecting that but it was a very nice surprise to see a proposal”
The couple plan to marry next year but have not decided on a venue yet.