Willesden man proposes to girfriend in front of thousands of commuters
Porter pops the question via Metro newspaper
A romantic Willesden man scrapped the traditional forms of marriage proposals by popping the question to his girlfriend under the watchful eye of thousands of commuters
William Woods, who lives in Willesden High Road, proposed to girlfriend Denise Redmond via the Metro newspaper’s Good Deed Feed service.
The text service gives readers the chance to offer praise to their friends and family.
Mr Woods, 37, who works as a porter explained his reasons for taking to print rather than getting down on bended knee.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I wanted to do something different, I heard about this service where you could text in to say thank you to people and I thought it would be a great opportunity to propose”
“I rang her up and told her to look in the Metro and thankfully she said yes then and there”
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 3 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
The couple met three years ago when they were working together in St Johns Wood and they moved to Willesden at the beginning of June.
Miss Redmond, 34, who works as a nurse told of her surprise at seeing the romantic gesture in the paper.
She said: “My mind was a bit preoccupied, I had just been in a meeting so I was thinking about that and then William rang and asked me if I had a copy of the Metro”
“It was the last thing I was expecting to see, I thought he would be telling me about a news story so I was expecting that but it was a very nice surprise to see a proposal”
The couple plan to marry next year but have not decided on a venue yet.