Willesden man could be crowned the country’s next top model
- Credit: Archant
Sean Smith-DeRizzio is one of 20 finalists in online contest
A Willesden man is in the running to become the country’s next top model after being shortlisted in an online contest.
Sean Smith-DeRizzio is one of 20 finalists for the men’s category in the nationwide Top Model UK competition.
The 22-year-old university student could end up swapping his campus for the catwalks if he is crowned the winner in April.
Sean, who is 6ft 1ins, told the Times he was looking forward to the challenge, he said: “People have always said I should be a model because I am tall and slim but I hadn’t really pushed myself.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw the competition online and though ‘why not’?
“I have been whittled down from thousands of others and am really excited about making it through to the finals.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“Finalists from last year’s event have gone on to building successful career paths, modelling for big companies such as Nike, JD and even Giorgio Armani.”
The winner, which is chosen though a mixture of votes from judge and the public, will be announced at a ceremony on April 14.
For more inforamtion visit http://www.topmodeluk.com/#/men/4571755890.