Willesden man could be crowned the country’s next top model
- Credit: Archant
Sean Smith-DeRizzio is one of 20 finalists in online contest
A Willesden man is in the running to become the country’s next top model after being shortlisted in an online contest.
Sean Smith-DeRizzio is one of 20 finalists for the men’s category in the nationwide Top Model UK competition.
The 22-year-old university student could end up swapping his campus for the catwalks if he is crowned the winner in April.
Sean, who is 6ft 1ins, told the Times he was looking forward to the challenge, he said: “People have always said I should be a model because I am tall and slim but I hadn’t really pushed myself.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw the competition online and though ‘why not’?
“I have been whittled down from thousands of others and am really excited about making it through to the finals.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
“Finalists from last year’s event have gone on to building successful career paths, modelling for big companies such as Nike, JD and even Giorgio Armani.”
The winner, which is chosen though a mixture of votes from judge and the public, will be announced at a ceremony on April 14.
For more inforamtion visit http://www.topmodeluk.com/#/men/4571755890.