Willesden Green scooter crash: Rider rushed to hospital after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A scooter rider has been rushed to hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a car on Walm Lane in Willesden Green.
The crash happened shortly after 2pm this afternoon and police, the London Ambulance Service, and the Air Ambulance all attended the scene.
Staff and diners at the Mezzoroma restaurant on Walm Lane heard “a loud scraping noise” as the man’s scooter was dragged along the road during the crash.
A member of staff at Mezzoroma said: “I didn’t see the collision but we heard the noise - it was a loud scraping - and we rushed outside where we saw the rider on the floor and immediately called 999.”
London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an incident response officer, a single responder in a car, an advanced paramedic and an ambulance crew to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated a man at the scene and took him as a priority to a major trauma centre by road.”
The Met Police confirmed the collision took place on Walm Lane near to the Lezziz Charcoal Grill, while Walm Lane is currently closed to traffic between Willesden High Road and Chatsworth Road.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley