Willesden Green friends make London Marathon a family affair
- Credit: Archant
Two friends from Willesden Green braved the heat on Sunday to run 26.2 miles for a Jewish charity.
Sarah Myers, 37, was running her first marathon alongside 39-year-old Mich Preston. Their efforts were in aid of Jewish Care, which looks after Sarah’s grandmother.
Sarah said: “Everyone was just brilliant and the support all along the way was amazing, it was so good to see my family and have a nice warm welcome at the end. It was great to be supporting this amazing organisation.”
Mich said: “It was harder than I thought it would be, but I loved it. We both have three kids and work four days a week – so squeezing in training has been the biggest struggle and the weather has been quite a challenge.
“Our families have been amazing – the kids have been fundraising in the playground. Seeing them on the day with their home-made banners has spurred us on and we’re so grateful for all the support.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah and Mich were among six Jewish Care runners who raised more than £26,500 in total.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer